slide show

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Weeks 7-11

Oh dear food aversions! Some women have cravings, some women have aversions... I have both. The thought of a hamburger makes me sick. Seeing billboards with Burger King or McDonalds cheeseburgers makes me want to vomit. Even typing about burgers makes me scrunch my nose in disgust. I've never really had problems with food like I have this pregnancy. I'll make dinner and by the time it's done, it doesn't even look appealing anymore (which is hard when fast food is even less appealing). The only thing that ever sounds good is a good old Orange Julius.

We went to the doctor at 7 weeks and it was a little emotional to see a little heartbeat in there. I needed that reassurance! Our due date is officially August 4th and we couldn't be more excited. So, since everything looked pretty good in there, a few weeks later we decided to tell our family while in Utah. I think they were all truly surprised, but we got the biggest surprise when CVS offered Chris a job back in Utah. They gave him a promotion and we'd be able to build a house, so everything looks like it will work out perfectly! We kind of do things in groups in our lives - job, moving, car, baby. It's a pattern by now. We did them all with Hayes and Smith, why not do it all at once again?

I've officially gotten sicker with each pregnancy. I've been so bad for the last 6 weeks I even wake myself up in the middle of the night with nausea. It's beyond ridiculous. I said with Smith I have morning and night sickness, well if that's the case, with this baby I have every minute of the day sickness. It's not very often that I don't feel so completely nauseous to the point of frustration. I know, I know, it'll pass but it is really hard waiting for it to end.

Well, we are off to Disneyland for a few days (which we planned a long time ago with friends and may not be the funnest trip for sick old me) and then it's time to get serious on finding someone to buy our house (and therefore packing). Wish us luck!


No comments: