slide show

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Home sweet home

It's getting real. A little more than a month left of being a Utah resident...and I have anxiety. It's only a little anxiety about the actual move to Vegas, a little more about missing everyone, a little about Hayes handling the transition okay, and a little about the fact that we officially don't have a house down there yet. All those little anxieties creep into my dreams at night and I wake up frantically thinking we will have to live in our car.

I thought about posting the pictures that I took while walking through the houses for sale down in Vegas but now I look at them they are absolutely ridiculous. Here's the overview. Roof after roof and house after house of red clay "shingles", a beige stucco house followed by an off white stucco house followed by a vanilla colored stucco house, the world's largest supply of gravel landscaping rocks (that I can't wait for Hayes to chuck into our neighbor's windows) and 30 ft cement walls in everyone's side and backyard. I actually learned something from Vegas though. Grass is so over rated. Bring on the astro turf. No really, it is definitely different than the green Utah I am used to but I can't complain about rolling down the windows in the car and letting the sun soak into my skin mid February. I was loving that sunshine-and yes remind me that come mid summer when I'm dripping sweat in the 120s.

Finding a house by my requirements...
*how far is it from major malls?
*how far is it from West Elm/Home Goods/Anthro?
*how far is the closest pool? I'll even take the back yard!
*is there an extra room for visitors?
That's all I need. Easy enough?

I can't deny that I am super excited to finally get to decorate a house exactly how I want! Not that I haven't appreciated our condo but I am so excited to finally stretch out and start fresh.  I can smell the paint now.

UPDATE:
I obviously started this post in March and am just getting back to it. Our short sale offer we put in in February finally came through and we get to (hopefully) close the end of May and move in first of June. I can't wait to finally unpack and get settled! 


*we are probably 15 minutes away from a few different malls (all of which are amazing)- including West Elm/Home Goods and Anthropologie...
*I'm still stalking the neighbors to see who I can jump the fence to take a little dip in their pool
*most importantly there is a whole separate room and bath for guests
Easy enough!

No comments: