slide show

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Officially crazy!

It is way too hard to blog with one hand. In fact, it is really hard to do anything with one hand for that matter.

Let's just say that we have quite the demanding child (to say the least). I feel like I haven't been able to do anything for the last four months let alone catch up on a little blogging. Why? One hand is always full. All I do all day is try to entertain a fussy baby. He DOES NOT want us to do anything except sit outside and bounce his little stubborn bum. Let’s not even talk about the sleep issue. I know what you are thinking, just put the baby down and he'll get over it. I've heard it over and over, you have to let him cry it out and he'll learn. Nope, not this child. He'll cry all day and night and it doesn't even faze him. Hayes sucks at sleeping!

Lack of posts lately, that's the least of my worries. I still have a stack of thank-you notes to send out from baby presents. Oops! Seriously, I apologize to everyone for the lack of...well the lack of everything. I truly want to be thoughtful, but my brain can't get past the yearning for sleep. I am not trying to stare into space all the time, I really want to be normal but normal is hard lately.

The puking has to stop. Four months of wiping puke off everything is quite enough. We have tried everything from Zantac to Prevacid and rice cereal and nothing seems to work. I stopped eating dairy and chocolate (and just about everything else) for months, but still more puke. At times I think it is even getting worse.

So tomorrow Hayes has an ultrasound and Barium x-ray to see if we can find the problem. I'd love to tell you more, but my brain is already shut off and refocusing on the screaming child.

I do love you child. I wish we could figure out what's wrong so we can stop the puking/fussing.


Hayes’ 4 mo. stats…

Weight 13.2 lbs. 18%


Length 25 in. 57%


Head 23%

Oh you little stink, you are just too adorable!

12 comments:

Chelle said...

He is such a sweet littel boy. I think you just need to play more dodgeball cause he's always good there, plus, you're on the field getting a much needed break! Fussy or not, he's still so cute!

Chelle said...

and yes, I just spelled little wrong in my previos comment. :)

Chelle said...

and previous! Sheesh, I'll stop now!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Wow! Little Hayes must just love you too much to ever be put down! I went through that phase but luckily Charli snapped out of it! And for the spitting up...wish I had advice but Charli has the same problem and I think she is slowly growing out of it! Your babes is such a cutie! Good luck with everything!

Davis Family said...

Trey was the same way until I stopped nursing and we gave him Good Start formula. We tried everything and he was super fussy and would throw up everything all the time. Cade was the same way until we started him on the Good Start. Just a suggestion...It worked wonders for us :)

Ruth said...

Hope you find out what's wrong so he can stop puking (and crying, and needing your attention, and start sleeping, etc, etc, etc).

Seriously, though, what a cutie!

Ryan and Heidi said...

Oh you poor thing! I hope you can get him all figured out soon! Isn't it the worst when you can tell your child isn't feeling well, but nothing you do seems to work? I'm sorry! As for the sleeping issue, Boston was a terrible sleeper! And I could not just let my child cry it out like everyone said, plus like Hayes, even if I did, it wouldn't do anything. So as a last resort, we started letting him sleep in bed with us because that was the only way he would sleep through the night! Ya it was a bad mistake, and he slept in bed with us even through my whole pregnancy with Carter. But then it was so weird, as soon as we brought Carter home from the hospital, Boston started sleeping through the night and stayed in his crib the whole time! It has been so nice! So there you go...maybe you just need to have another baby!:) Anyways, I really do hope you can figure out what's buggin him...Good luck!

Katie and Rob said...

This post sounds a little too familiar to my life. My baby is 9 months and we are STILL struggling with sleep. Isn't it just terrible? I long to sleep a full night and live a normal life. And we are still just waiting for Ryan to snap out of the fussiness. Just wait until Hayes gets teeth, teething has been miserable, and they just keep coming, one after the other. I swear if it is not one thing it is another. Good thing Hayes is so stinkin cute! Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

O I feel you on the puking, fussiness and sleeping. I cannot handle it anymore either. You put on clothes to go anywhere or you are somewhere and there it comes shooting out at you. Then your covered and stink. Let me know what you find out about his test because I am so ready to have Bentley check also. It is so hard, hopefully they grow out of it and soon.

hoLLY said...

oh Mitzi Trae spit up a ton too, i really hope it gets better for the poor little guy, he sure is cute though!!

Erin said...

Crying or spitting up...he STILL is one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen! Cooper was the same way. We all took our turns bouncing him, rocking him, rubbing his belly, swinging him...and he finally grew out of it. It gets better...it gets better :)

Morgan Greaves said...

Hang in there Mitzi! He is so adorable, but sounds like such a stinker! Cooper really was just like that and I thought we were all going to rip our hair out especially Erin! I reallly hope you get some results and some needed SLEEP!!!!