slide show

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Week 26

I talk to myself. Does that make me weird? Fortunately, most of the time I don’t end up actually saying the words out loud, but instead repeat them over and over again in my head. What’s the dialogue lately? “Dear life, you win!” or depending on the day it could morph into “Dear life, slow down I can't keep up!” Surprisingly, talking to myself isn’t the weird part at all. The weird part is how frequent the talking is.

I think I need professional help. The more I have to do, the more I don’t want to do it (and the more I just tend to complain). My poor husband. My to-do list is overflowing with boring work things and instead I just want to surf the internet to find a name for our little baby. Now that we are officially counting down the days in the two digits, I am starting to feel the name pressure.

3 months of teaching left this year. 59 actual teaching days. 30 “A” days or planning days before spring break and hopefully maternity leave will come right after. 13 weeks. That’s all I have to survive through. Just 3 more months.

8 comments:

Chelle said...

Girl, life doesn't slow down after the baby gets here! :) I love reading your blog! Good luck with the name search!

Ruth said...

good luck these last few weeks! can't wait to meet baby--no matter what his name is!

Woodlands said...

Enjoy your time without the screaming kids and changing diapers and making bottles! I promise! GET ALL THE SLEEP YOU CAN!!!!!

Katie and Rob said...

Enjoy every minute of the next 3 months. Having a baby is wonderful and I would not trade my little guy for anything, but you will miss being pregnant, it is SUCH a special time. Best of luck with teaching, hope they are not too hard on you. And good luck with picking out a name, boy names are so hard :)

hoLLY said...

The next three months will fly by!!!!i promise.

Erin said...

Mitzi I love reading you blog! I miss you!! I feel like I have not seen you forever! Bunko once a month is not going to cut it anymore since we don't see you on Mondays! We need to plan a girls night soon!!

Hope you are feeling good! You look so cute...I love your little baby bump!!

Kami said...

I did the same thing, and still do the same thing... You have the hugest list of things that "need" to be done, and you try to balance it with the things that should and you want to do. Most of the time the "need" to do list looses for me!
Trust me, I can't wait for you to quit teaching either. I'll have my sista back + have a sweet little baby to love with!

Tori said...

You're the most productive person I've ever met. I know your "to do" list is huge, but you're accomplishing a lot! Just hold on, and take little breaks to enjoy being pregnant and all the fun/stressful decisions to make. :)