slide show

Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's your birthday

It's your birthday so shout hooray. We want to sing to you today. One year older and wiser too…happy birthday, to you!
Okay, so I really wish I could go back to primary sometimes just to sing songs again, but an ordinary "happy birthday" won’t work for someone like Chris...so, he gets a song!

What a sweet week it’s been for my hubby. Not only is it his birthday today, but he also started a new job that is exactly his style. I can’t think of another place that Chris would love to spend his days than a golf course, so he is officially the new assistant golf pro at Eagle Mountain. Whoot whoo!

Without writing some gushy love poem, I just wanted you all to know what kind of a husband I have. I came home last night from work as sick as I've ever felt. Every single time I’d stand up, I’d lose my balance and almost black out. Throughout the night things just got worse as my head stuffed up, heartburn flared, body ached, and temperature flew over 100.

Finally, after an entire night of tossing, turning, and staring at the alarm clock, I decided to go downstairs. Just as I’m on the verge of tears from exhaustion, Chris came down and magically made everything all better, just like he always does. Along with some sweet words, he put my pillow in his lap and tickled my arm until I fell asleep. When I woke up in the morning and realized he had slept sitting up all night just to make me more comfortable, I was reminded that I am married to a pretty great guy. I’m lucky to call Chris my husband and our baby will be so lucky to have such a great dad!

Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Happy Birthday Chris! Congrats on the new job too!!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Chris!!! He is a really sweet guy! You are lucky.

Steph said...

Aww what a sweetie!! You are one lucky girl my friend!! It was fun celebrating today, I hope you feel better soon! And remember, he's one lucky guy to have you too :)

hoLLY said...

What a cute hubby you have! Sorry we coulndn't make it to his party yesterday! its my fault, I had to work! Good luck to Chris at his new job. that's so awesome!

Kami said...

Happy Birthday Chris! So sorry you don't feel good. I think when you are preggo, you feel about 10000 times worse! Thanks for inviting us to the party ;).

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday! Mitzi, you are due soon! I am so excited to see pics of your new sweet baby!