slide show

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kicking

To a professional NFL punter, it means his career. To a toddler, it means a timeout. To me, it means life.

That’s right, I think I can officially say I finally felt a little kicker in there.

Anytime that I thought I could feel our little baby fluttering around this last week, I’d quickly talk myself out of it. It’s easy to blame the very little movement that I was feeling on my imagination or just my lunch digesting. I wanted to feel him so bad, but the hardest was Tuesday when I could actually see him doing flips on the ultrasound machine and couldn’t feel a dang thing.

But then it happened.

So there I was sitting at my desk before school started and just like that I felt a little flick in my lower abdomen. Could it really have been him? I sat there waiting for any other sign to tell me it wasn’t a fluke. The flutters continued to come and go sporadically, so yep, I think it's safe to say I felt him kick, or at least wiggle really hard.

I was already pretty excited at this point, but that obviously wasn't enough for our little over achiever. After our dodgeball game (tear, I’m going to miss it for a while) I could have sworn he was holding a little powwow in there. He was probably pissed I had been shaking him around to run after little rubber balls (don’t worry, it sounds ridiculous to me too) and this was his chance to get me back. Little does he know that I loved every second of his dance dance revolution and I’ve actually been contemplating trying cartwheels to get him to do it again.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Mitzi, I have decided that you really need to write a book. I usually don't read all of the long wording on people's blogs but I get sucked into your's because it is so intriguing. If you ever decide to write one (if you haven't already) I will definitely buy it. Your writing is amazing.

I am also so glad your pregnancy is going well.

Chelle said...

That's the best! Half way there! He'll be here before you know it!

The Tracys said...

Isn't that the most exciting feeling? You'll always remember where you were and what you were doing the first time you really felt your baby. It's so sweet! It only gets better!

hoLLY said...

yay! I was just asking you the other day if you had felt him yet! isn't so amazing!

Rick, Jacee, Paylen said...

How exciting! I already miss that feeling. Even though holding her is better... I still miss those little kicks to my ribs- huh never thought i'd say that :o) You're already half way there!

Tori said...

Isn't that the coolest thing ever! I thrive off of every movement this little one makes. Love your descriptions (Dance Dance Revolution is a perfect comparison).

Ryan and Heidi said...

Oh that brings back memories of being pregnant with Boston! I love it! It's the best though when your hubby will finally get to feel him kick for the first time! And I agree with Lindsey. You totally need to write a book!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

So much fun! It makes it even more real when you can feel them inside!

AnGiE said...

YEA! That is actually the best thing about being pregnant! I love it!