slide show

Sunday, September 28, 2008

What a present

In August Chris went on his yearly golf trip with some buddies to Vegas. Even though they had to golf in the hottest part of the day, they played for cheap and from the stories I heard had a lot of fun. To top it all off, Chris won over $600. Sweet! When he was gone I really missed him, so I decided to give him a present when he got home to show him how much I love him!

Here’s the letter I gave him…

Chris,

The other day when we were out at Meri’s, I walked outside and saw you jumping on the tramp with the kids. Nobody knew it, but you snuck away from the family and brought huge smiles to the faces of a handful of little ones. When we were standing in line at the grocery store, a girl with big brown eyes sitting in the cart in front of us couldn’t keep her eyes off you as you smiled at her. When you talk to Navie, you talk to her like she is the most important person in the world. You care, and kids love you for that.

When we make decisions about our lives, you are always strong and have faith. When I feel a little down, you are comforting and know exactly what to say. You are a rock and strong at times and carefree and full of laughs at others. Your laid back personality draws people to you and you have such a generous heart, and everyone loves you for that.

You’ve always talked about the little things in life like playing catch with our kids in the yard or teaching them how to use their first set of golf clubs, and I saw how your heart melted when you saw those little Red Sox onsies we passed in the store. You talk about being a dad like our dads have been, the one on the front row of the recitals, games, or whatever new adventure a child could bring. You will always be there for our family and our baby will love you for that.

I’m so glad to start this journey with you. You are going to be an amazing dad and I love you for that.

At this point I could see the crease in his forehead appear and he looked at me with a little question in his eyes. He quickly reached in the bag I had given him and his eyes got even wider as he pulled out the things inside.
Chris would never admit it, but he even got a little choked up. Priceless! I can’t believe how much I love him!

Now we can’t wait until April 13th!

I tag Kami, Paige, Erin, Michelle, Lisa, Ruth, & anyone else that's up for this. What? We tag people for everything else, why not a baby? Come on, you know you want to!

17 comments:

Steph said...

Yes finally! The announcement to the blogger world, yay!! I love that letter that you wrote to Chris, it's all so true. You guys are going to be the cutest, best parents ever and I'm so so excited!! What a great present :)

Poulsen Family said...

How cute are YOU!!!
Amy

Erin said...

Ok you are serioulsy the sweetest person I know! Chris is a VERY lucky man to be married to such a great girl! You guys are going to be the best parents in the world!! Can't wait till April 13the to see this baby!!

Chelle said...

I'm excited for you Mitz!

Lisa said...

Congrats! But I will not be responding to your tag any time soon, on purpose that is....

Ryan and Heidi said...

ha ha it's so true! What a cute little wife (and mommy to be!) you are! What a sweet letter you wrote him and what great parents you two are going to be!

Paige said...

uh....thanks for the tag but I have to decline at the moment! ha That was such a sweet letter to your hubby and what a fun way to break the news to him. I am so happy for you guys!!

Rick, Jacee, Paylen said...

I am so excited for you guys! You are going to be such an awesome mom! And trust me, it goes by way faster than you'd think. So enjoy not feeling prego cause in a few months thats all you'll be feeling :o)

Heidi said...

Ok you are too cute!! That letter was so cute and you will be best MOM ever! I am so excited for you! IT was So good to see you the other night at the ball park!

The Taylor Family said...

Hey Congrats! That is so cool! You are going to love being a mom. It's the best. Can't wait to hear ALL of the AMAZING details. Love the monkey!

Katie and Rob said...

Congrats Mitzi! You are going to be the cutest mom ever! Being pregnant is the very best thing in the world. Hope you are feeling well, keep us updated!

Lissy and Dan Valletta said...

Hey! I just found that you had a blog! I can't believe you're having a baby....I'm so excited for you! You're goin to be the cutest mom! Congrats!
Add us as friends! Our blog's pretty boring tho!

The Tracys said...

We are so excited for you guys! You will be great parents! It is definitely the hardest, funnest, most rewarding job on the planet! We need to get together for dinner soon!

The Sayamas said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I am so happy for you guys, I know you will be such good parents!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

I am so excited for you! Hasn't it been so much fun? You will be a cute mom! I have loved every minute of pregnancy so far! That is so fun that we are do at the same time! Congrats to you both! yOu will make great parents!

Tori said...

What a sweet letter... again I must praise your writing skills. Chris will be such a great dad, and you, an amazing mommy. April 13th huh? Sounds exciting! I can't wait to see your tummy at Christmas time!

Ruth said...

LOL!!! Are you tagging me to get pregnant? hahaha. Maybe you send that message to Marcos. :)

Seriously, I'm so excited for you. And we had SOOOO much fun seeing you guys again. Hanging out made us really miss living in Ogden.