slide show

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The last day of summer

Today officially marks the last day of summer for me as I head back to work bright and early in the morning. As I think of my alarm blaring at me at 5:30 for the next nine months, I feel a little tear start to gather in my eye. Not only that, but my next job is putting hundreds of names to their cute little faces and forcing them into long term memory. Not bad enough you say, try getting a stupid yearbook picture taken tomorrow. I thought I was over the days of worrying about a bad yearbook picture!

To honor this summer, here's one last hooray for the fun I've had these glorius last three months. What better place to start then with a picture of the girls I love. What can beat a girl's night out?
I can't think of this summer without thinking of all my dodgeball friends, our giggles, and our outbursts at the refs (and occasionally a select few on the other teams).
The sidelines. This is unfortunately where most of us spend our time! And the best part of this summer is just getting together with friends. Kam and Dax made us the best food this last week and let us all hang out in their newly finished yard!
For one final shabang, my family came up tonight to celebrate some birthdays at the pool.
Here's the cakes Kam made.

These were so cool, you need a closer look.

So, wish me luck for this school year. I'm afraid with coaching the boys and girl's golf teams I'm going to really need it!

9 comments:

Chelle said...

Cute pictures Mitz! We had such a good time with everyone this weekend. We really need to get together more often!

Mike and Quel said...

Hello! I'm so so happy to hear from you! K Jr High! It's been so long! I just love you Mitzi. I read through a bit of your blog and you are just the cutest thing ever! Congrats on teaching! I could never ever be a school teacher! I also love that you get together with your friends and play sports. I really need to do something like that. And seeing your name reminded me of Heather Hubbard. Do you know her anymore? Just wondering. Anyways novel! I'm so excited to keep in touch! By the way you are such a wonderful writer:)

Erin said...

We have had fun this summer huh?! I am glad that we have become such good friends :) We need to have another girls night soon!! I will see you tonight at dodgeball and tomorrow at Bunko...yahoo! Good luck with the new school year!!

Meg said...

Hey mitz! Looks like you had a fun sum! Well you shouldn't be embarrassed to me that we win cause I am like our worst player! You guys are getting better and better every time anyways.....I hope we aren't the team you guys hate! Hope you are having fun back at work! love ya love meg

Ryan and Heidi said...

Hi Mitzi! I found your blog on Lindsey's. Your blog is adorable! I didn't know that you went into teaching. It sounds like you really love it! That's good! Anyways, I just thought I would say hello! Check out our blog it's thesmithstogetherforever.blogspot.com
Heidi (Randall) Smith

Kami said...

So sad that it is all over! But, it was a great summer! I am so glad that you had the summer off and we could do everything together. I need a good partner in crime to get me into trouble and help me spend all of my money! Love that this is the first of a lot of fun summers hanging out, but hopefully next summer you don't go on so many vacations! It's just not as fun without ya!

Anonymous said...

Summer flew by didn't it? Good luck with teaching, learning new names, and coaching golf. You are a busy girl. You will do awesome though. I love that you guys play dodge ball. Dodge ball is so much fun. When I went to Dixie we would play it almost every Tuesday night with a bunhc of friends. I was usually on the sideline too. Such a fun game though.

Paige said...

ahhh, I can't believe your admitting that summer is over! I am in pure denial and probably will be until it snows. Which after today's weather looks like it could be soon. It's been a fun summer hanging out with you. Let's keep doing stuff this winter. I'm with Erin, we need another GNO soon!

Morgan Greaves said...

Love all the pictures Mitzi! Looks like you had a fun summer and I am sad to have it end. Ususally I have Saturday Swim day at Grandmas...but it's now over..tear! Love coming to the dodgeball games, you guys are so fun to watch!