slide show

Friday, June 13, 2008

Have you heard our story?

It was the beginning of my very first year of college and I was with my dad at the golf banquet for Weber State. I was a brand new freshman sitting there with my new haircut and trying not to let all my new teammates see how nervous I was. He was an oh-so-cool sophomore that strolled in late to be surrounded by tons of friends.

A few days later the girl’s team had a “get to know you” party in the boxes at the football stadium. Coach gave us all a questionnaire to break the ice a little. About halfway down the page was a question that asked us which boy we think we could be “friends” with on the boy’s team. Not only did I scrawl Chris’ name on my paper, but his name was at the top of other girl’s list too (and I’m sure I gave out a few looks because darn, who wants competition).

What? He’s the only boy with a girlfriend, of course.

We “hung out” a lot with the team and magically always ended up just talking to each other. On the course I had never been so diligent at practicing. We were the first ones there and last ones to leave. He even let me win some putting competitions.

Did I say girlfriend…not for long! The weekend after they broke up, Chris and I went on our first real date. After dinner we stopped by his apartment to meet with some friends. When we walked in Ben (his old roommate and one of my favorites) tried to quietly get us to leave. We had no idea what was going on when Chris’ tear-filled old girlfriend came walking out of his room. Man, she was not happy to see me! I don’t blame her though, I wouldn’t want to let him go either.

Two years later (and after many many late night trips from Pleasant View to Murray) we got engaged. Chris surprised me with a picnic full of beautiful flowers, candles, and all my favorite foods! It was so sweet. He was bummed because the hot air balloon ride he had planned couldn't take off because of the weather. I still thought it was perfect!

And a few months later I married my best friend in the Salt Lake Temple.

I don't think I've shared pics of our moms yet, so here they are. Aren't they beautiful?
Then we spent the next week in Cancun!

And now we have been married for three years in July. Love ya babe!

8 comments:

Erin said...

I never knew how you two met! What a cute story :) You two are a VERY cute couple.

The Sayamas said...

What a cute story, and a fun one to read! You looked so pretty on your wedding day! We went on our Honeymoon to Cancun, too. Where did you guys stay? It was fun seeing you the other day and catching up!

Lindsey said...

That is such a cute story. I was also extremely intrigued with it. You are a great writer. You should consider writing a book. Your wedding pictures are gorgeous too!

Heidi said...

That was such a cute story! It is so fun reading how people met their husbands.. Your wedding pictures are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi there Mitzi its Laci I love your blog it is so cute and you guys are the cutest couple. I love your story about how you met so cute. I am so glad I got to meet you, your such a fun outgoing person.

Anonymous said...

I love your story! That was so fun to read. Your pics are way cute.

Steph said...

Aren't you back from Disneyland yet? We've missed you guys!! I really liked reading your story though, it's a good one!! And super cute pictures too, love it!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

I love your story! Thanks for sharing! All of your pics are so cute! And I think we have twinner blue shirts!...I am wearing mine in my blog! Ha Ha funny!