slide show

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Week 24-26


Let me first tell you that freaking out is just kind of what I do. I'm actually pretty good at it by this point in my life. With that being said, let me tell you a little about my Vegas freak out. 

After having our big ultrasound to make sure you are doing great and growing-which you are-we were enlightened on the healthcare in Vegas. To put it in a nutshell, Vegas hospitals are struggling. In fact, when we told our doctor in Utah that we were moving here he asked us if we were going to hop in a car and drive back to Utah to deliver, because we should. He used to practice down here and he didn’t have many positive things to say about it. He unfortunately hasn’t been the only one to tell us about all the healthcare issues Vegas faces either. Looks like the doctors have to take on so many patients that everyone suffers a little. The c-section rates are insane at most of the hospitals. Insane! It seems the doctors try to schedule c-sections as much as they can to get in as many babies as possible in the shortest amount of time.

Anyway, I have this uneasy feeling about it all. Our doctor seems great so far but I just need more information before I can feel better about any of it.

As for living in Vegas, I still feel like a fish out of water down here, but hopefully things will get a little more normal. The good news is that you are still safe inside my belly and the big ultrasound went smooth as can be. That’s all that matters for now.

1 comment:

Marie Rose said...

You better just come home the week you are due and deliver. You don't want to be nervous about delivering your precious baby...you want to be calm and relaxed. Also, are you coming home for christmas? I will be in a need of some newborn pictures and I'm to picky to let anyone else take pictures of my babies!